28 April 2010

Just Touched Down in Londontown.

So after 20+ hours of travel time I am now laying on my bottom bunk in 27 Palace Court. I'm running on about five hours of sleep from the night before I left home. I slept about an hour on the first flight and maybe only twenty minutes on the second. Getting here went fairly smoothly overall though. The group I was traveling with decided to be adventurous and take the tube from Heathrow which ended up being quite an adventure. I have blisters from lugging my 70+ pound luggage up multiple flights of stairs and we got lost for forty-five trying to find the centre but after asking about five people directions and a prayer we finally found it. After getting unpacked we spent about an hour wandering the neighborhoods and then came back for devotional and dinner. After dinner we headed over to boots and then wandered around H&M. Some of the group took the tube to big ben but the rest of us decided to come back and call it a night. I'm thinking of showering, doing at least some of the polisci reading I didn't do on the plane and trying to fall asleep. I kind of feel like this is some type of efy or urban girls camp but I guess that will change once classes start. Tomorrow is mostly an orientation day from what I've heard. We have breakfast at 8:30 and then several "meetings." So I guess we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I can take some pictures and get those uploaded soon. I already felt like enough of a tourist today that I didn't bother taking any.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the title of your blog. Good to hear you made it okay and about your adventures. This will save your mom lots of time when people say, "How is Lauren doing?" Have lots of fun and take pictures!

    ReplyDelete