01 June 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On




Only two weeks left here in London and things are starting to get even crazier. I know I mention homework far too often on this blog but I have A LOT. And that's all I will say for now. I think I'll be all too ready for summer when these last few weeks are up.

*Incidentally, this poster was actually produced by the British Ministry of Information at the beginning of WWII but never actually used. It was rediscovered in 2000 and featured in a variety of home decor products. (Thank you, Wikipedia). I'd seen it all over etsy but I never knew it came out of WWII. Unsurprisingly, they are sold at every war/history museum gift shop here. I wish I could find one in blue or green to take home.

3 comments:

  1. Have you checked at the Imperial War Museum? Maybe red would make a nice accent in your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great slogan! I think I'll make my own posters - or at least write it on a post it and stick it on my mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that blue or green would be more "calm" than red!

    ReplyDelete