17 September 2010

Thoughts From the Computer Lab

So I'm ending my week at the Writing Center with a long and monotonous computer shift. I haven't had a student in here for an hour so I'm passing the time with blogs and She & Him. Fortunately surfing the web and watching the hours tick by is well within my skill set. My summer job helped me develop that valuable skill.

And I suppose I'll try to improve the frequency of my posts? I'm not quite sure I understand the purpose of blogging. Well, the purpose of me blogging to be more exact. I'm not comfortable with the idea of a public journal. And I already have plenty of those to maintain for various classes. Also, I'm not entirely sure who my audience is. Myself? The entire blogosphere? I just spent the morning explaining the importance of indentifying an audience when writing to multiple freshman. However, I think creative writing need not always have a target audience. Sometimes it can just be a means of self-expression? Perhaps a demonstration of virtuousity (though that may imply audience). Or maybe we have to write to find our audience. I suppose I'll start with that.

1 comment:

  1. first) i am a huge fan of she & him.
    second) if you need a reason to blog. i am that reason.

    ReplyDelete