28 December 2010

Feet.

I had this (a portion of my toenail removed from the root):


(I could have picked a much more graphic image)

done this morning for at least the sixth time in the past few years and I still can't feel my toe. I do however have a Vicodin prescription to fill for when the feeling returns. Also, I have to pick up orthodics tomorrow and get an x-ray of the bone deformity growing on my left foot. I can also look forward to some achilles-tendon-lengthening surgery in the next few years. So that's fun. At least I have an excuse for my extreme overpronation and ridiculous looking stride. But much to my brothers' disappointment, I'm not sure I'll be cross-country skiing anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. my dad says its called the winnograd technique. just a bit of information for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surgery is a nasty word and all, but I'm kind of looking forward to it (at some point, inevitably) because it means I'll finally have an excuse to watch Gilmore Girls from start to finish. Want to join me?

    ReplyDelete