30 November 2010

Home Stretch



Thanksgiving really is such a tease. A five-day taste of freedom followed by a prompt return to three weeks of papers, finals and sleepless nights in the library. Kind of a freezing hell. Is it bad that I've come to associate the Christmas season with finals? "Last Christmas" now brings memories of test anxiety, sore throats and rushing to the airport with a massive sleep debt.

However, my end-of-semester to-do list isn't looking too bad. It's considerably shorter than others I have seen. All I really have to do over the next few weeks is:

-Write and polish Shakespeare research paper
-Complete Shakespeare "essence" final project
-Shakespeare midterm
-Attend two bio lectures and write two responses
-Edit and turn-in creative writing final masterwork
-Class class class
-Read read read
-Plan Writing Center Christmas party
-ELANG Final
-Marriage & Family Final
-Bio Final

And that's really all I can think of at the moment.  If I wasn't working this semester, I think it would have been my easiest one yet. Including Freshman "honors" classes that are basically high school in disguise.  Though I'm sure many other little things will come up. The only real problem is that the majority of the items on this list must be completed in the next three or four days.

At least I can sit back and watch this in my Elang class at the moment. (Did you know a "small language" becomes extinct every two weeks?) And eat chocolate provided by the instructor. And fine-tune my Christmas list.

I really want to go to India. And take Chinese again. And walk to class without risking falling flat on my face.

2 comments:

  1. dude. although the photo you posted was a representation of "freezing hell" i think its beautiful. lauren...photographer-in-making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, not my photo. Courtesy of Google Images. I probably should have cited that.

    ReplyDelete