23 May 2010

27 degrees celsius.

Kensington gardens resembles a crowded california beach.
The queue outside the little gelato shop on bayswater spills out into the street.
Shirtless and very sunburned British men populate the sidewalks.
And the underground smells more delightful than ever.

Fortunately there are only 204 steps from the bottom of Queensway station to my bedroom door.

I taught my relief society lesson today! It went...okay i think. It's over. That's what matters. Afterward we had a picnic with the bishop, his wife and their one-year-old daughter in Greenwich park. There were hundreds of sunburned people in swimsuits laying on towels and eating ice cream. I kept expecting to see the coastline but there was no beach in sight. Just the skyscrapers of London's financial district. We thought about taking some pictures at the prime meridian, but there were way to many people for that. We did however walk through Greenwich market on the way to the train and I would love to go back. It's maybe only 1/10 the size of Portabello, but it had some great stuff.

Now I just have to pack for Scotland!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment on your 75 degrees but no luck with getting through - and now you're 80 degrees! You're nearly 20 degrees warmer than San Jose - I'm very jealous (well, that's just one of the things I'm jealous of you right now) but a warmer afternoon would be very welcome here. Good to hear the lesson went...okay. I'm sure it went more than okay. Enjoy the relief of having it done.

    ReplyDelete